Worship leaders from area churches volunteer to provide a brief worship service in many area nursing homes and personal care homes in our county for the elderly, disabled and recuperating; as well as three services in the county prison each week. Both clergy and active lay persons within area churches provide the leadership for these 850+ services each year. Clergy lead the services in the County Prison.
How can you help?
Additional Worship leaders are needed for all venues.
- We would like to provide weekly services to all personal care homes rather than monthly, but do not have enough volunteers.
- Pianists are needed for many of these services.
- Volunteer to visit shut-ins through your congregation's ministry or through a nursing home's activities department. Many people in nursing homes seldom have visitors.
- Volunteers for the Lycoming County prison - Clergy can volunteer through us to lead Worship. Laity need to work through Yokefellowship at 570-326-6868 to do ministry in the county and state prisons here in our area.
- There is a visitation program you can become involved with for the federal prison at www.prisonervisitation.org