United Churches of Lycoming County (UCLC) is a network of congregations who are Connected Through Faith and United in Service. Begun in 1946 we now have over 125 member congregations representing Protestant, Anglican, Roman Catholic and Orthodox faith traditions.
As a Lycoming County Faith Community
- We are persons and congregations who care about our neighbors.
- We celebrate our unity through faith in action.
- We respect people and communities in their faith journeys.
- We believe the broader mandate of Jesus to care in tangible ways; to feed the hungry, to give drink to the thirsty, to welcome the stranger, to clothe the naked, and to visit the sick and imprisoned.
- We facilitate cooperation and understanding on faith, life and justice issues.
- We energize people by mobilizing congregations and communities in response to emerging needs.
We welcome you to participate with congregations and individuals to provide ministry that touches the lives of school students, the elderly, the poor, the ill and the prisoner.