We are making 2021 a special year of prayer and celebration involving all congregations and people in the county.
The heart of United Churches is our life and work together. Through our life together we have built many relationships and look forward to building many more. We will celebrate with a daily prayer calendar. Currently please pray for:
- April 12, 2021 – Pray for healing…that the Spirit will renew the gift of life in all who are sick, discouraged, struggling with addictions, or weakness that comes with aging. ✦
- April 13, 2021 – Pray for an end to violence…that Christ’s victory over death will turn hearts from violence and revenge, and help us to respect the value and dignity of each human life. ✦
- April 14, 2021 – Trinity Episcipal Church, 844 West Fourth Street, Williamsport, PA, Rev. Ken Wagner-Pizza…Pray for our new recovery house, which just received it’s charter, and is now named “Trinity Manor Oxford House”. ✦
- April 15, 2021 – Pray for a renewal of our faith communities…that, like the early church, we may see the needs of others as our needs and open our hearts and resources to assist them. ✦
- April 16 and 17, 2021 – Keys of the Kingdom, 517 Southern Avenue, South Williamsport, PA, Pastor Bernice Coaxum…Pray, as we celebrate our church’s 5th anniversary. Our theme is “Building a Sure House by Grace”, based off 1 Samuel 2:35. Praying for labourers to come and join our ministry as we endeavor to build on a solid foundation. ✦
- April 18, 2021 – Church Women United in Lycoming County…Pray, that we show care and concern for the welfare of all, with no division. That we be encouraged through faith and trust as we give thanks to God by serving others on this Mission. ✦
A Monthly Prayer Gathering: We will have the opportunity to gather as people of faith on the last Sunday of the month via zoom for an evening time of prayer between 4 and 4:30. The link is https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85905244511 . If joining by phone (1-301-715-8592), the meeting ID is 859 0524 4511 and the passcode is 542738.
Kick off Anniversary Celebration Service was held in mid January. You can watch it on our Facebook page, United Churches of Lycoming County. Our Guest Speaker was Bishop Barbara Collins, Upper Susquehanna Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America.
As part of our celebration, we will provide service opportunities (each month at different area ministries) lifting up and supporting our area ministries.
It is always a pleasure to work with each of you! You are so willing to give of your time and talents and share the love that God has shared with you! We all know the church is not our buildings. The church is each of us, a visible presence, loving our neighbors. In 2021 we look forward to having many special opportunities to reach out to our neighbors as United Churches!
Join in and get a bit of a glimmer of what the family of God looks like?